- What does the warranty cover?
The warranty covers manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship. It applies only to the original purchaser or the gift recipient of the product on the date of purchase. Lojel reserves the right to change terms and conditions at any time. Learn more about our warranty here.
- How does Lojel handle requests for repair?
As a first step, we determine if the product is under warranty and whether it is reparable or not.
• If the product is covered under warranty and is reparable, we will fix it and return it to you, free of charge.
• If the product is covered under warranty and is not reparable, we will send you a replacement, free of charge. If the same item is no longer in stock, we’ll send you a comparable product.
• If the product isn’t covered under warranty and is reparable, you can choose to have it sent back to you as-is or have us provide an estimate for any repairs.
• If the product isn’t covered under warranty and is not reparable, you can choose to have it sent back to you as-is or have us dispose of it for you.
- What circumstances aren’t covered under the warranty?
There are a few situations where the warranty doesn’t apply. These include: if the warranty certificate is lost, defaced or illegible; if unauthorized modifications and repairs have been made; or if the product has been exposed to extreme temperatures, acids, solvents, or moisture. The warranty doesn’t cover normal wear and tear or rough handling during transport by airlines or other travel providers. If damages are caused by a third-party, it’s best to contact them immediately at the arrival destination.
Please note: if the damage is not considered a manufacturing defect, the warranty coverage won’t include the shipping fees associated with sending spare parts or damaged products to nearby repair centres.
- What products are excluded from the warranty?
The warranty does not apply to collections that were specially developed for and sold in specific regions. For these, the local distributor warranty policies will apply.
- Why should I register my LOJEL after purchase?
If you successfully register your LOJEL, we’ll extend your warranty coverage to 10 years. Better still, you’ll no longer need to keep your proof-of-purchase — plus we’ll be able to help you out more quickly no matter where you may be. You can register your Lojel here.
- What happens if I don’t register my LOJEL after purchase?
You will only be eligible for a Standard 2 Year Warranty. To claim your 2-year warranty, you’ll need to provide a genuine, legible proof of purchase. The warranty only applies if you originally purchased the product or received it as a gift from the original purchaser.
- I’m having trouble describing the damage to my Lojel.
Head to our Warranty page for a diagram that shows the names of the parts of a piece of luggage.